Lost text formatting in multipart message

Jul 31, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Hey there,
I tried to receive the following multipart message: Image
It contains formatted text and two embedded images, so it should contain 3 mimeparts (text/html,image/gif, image/gif), but there is no text/html-part, only a text/plain part, so the formatting does not exist anymore.
What's the matter and how can I fix it?

Greetz XGRDMEI
Developer
Jul 31, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Hi,

which version do you use?
The "MailSystem.NET May 2013 Release", or did you compile the latest from the repository?
Aug 1, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Hey,
I use the "MailSystem.NET May 2013 Release".
Should I better compile the latest version from the repository?
Is my prolem already fixed in it?

Greetz XGRDMEI
Developer
Aug 4, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Edited Aug 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Should I better compile the latest version from the repository?
Yes, please try this.
Is my prolem already fixed in it?
I hope so, because I can't reproduce the problem with this version.
But it could be a problem with the mail server as well.

If it not solves your problem, could you save the fetched mail (or a similar one) as eml, anonymize it and attach it here?
Aug 5, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Hey,
I tried the latest version, but my problem is unfortunately still existing.
I uploaded the eml file here
Thanks for your help!

For your info: If I save the mail directly from the mailserver as an eml, the text part is html.
Greetz XGRDMEI
Aug 20, 2014 at 1:34 PM
You could give MailKit a try. I designed it to not change the raw message downloaded from the server in any way. When you save it to disk, you get byte-for-byte EXACTLY what was downloaded from the server.

If the message still only contains a text/plain part and no text/html part, then that would suggest that the bug is in the server software.

Hope that helps.
Developer
Aug 22, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Aus der Mail leite ich ab, dass du deutsch sprichst, deswegen bin ich jetzt mal so frei.
Wir formatieren in den Mails nichts um, wir nehmen nur die Antwort vom Server und leiten die weiter.

Was für ein Mailserver hast du im Einsatz? Kann es vielleicht sein, dass der die Mail nicht 1:1 ausliefert?
Kannst du die Mail mal mit z.B. Thunderbird vom Server als EML speichern, wie sieht sie dann aus?